After the results of the election were declared, it was seen that the common people of the state has entrusted BJP with the task of running the show in the state. They won the election with the majority and the position of the CM was given to Yogi Adityanath. As the party highlighted in the election manifesto, the CM started work on the implementation of various Developmental Schemes for the poor masses. One such scheme is the Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna.
When the BJP party stared their political campaign in the state of Uttar Pradesh, they made various promises to the common people. Apart from the promise of implementing various reform policies, they also guaranteed that the welfare of the poorest of the poor will be looked after. If the party was brought to power they will make sure that no one goes to bed on an empty stomach.
What is the Annapurna Bhojnalay Yojana?
After Yogi Adityanath was appointed the CM of the state of UP, he turned his attention towards the welfare of the people from all sections of the society. He offered a reprieve to the farmers by announcing the Karz Maffi Yojana and protection to the women from the eve teasers by the launch of the Anti-Romeo Squad. Just after these, the CM tried to bring development in the lives of those who fall in the poor strata. It will also include the people who fall below the poverty level.
Under the newly launched Annapurna Bhojnalay Yojana, the state wants to provide the poor people with the chance of availing proper meal in the day at very low charges. The canteens set up by the state government under the scheme will provide the poor people with breakfast and lunch or dinner at very low costs.
The main objective of the scheme is that the state government wants to provide decent and good quality meals to poor people. With the implementation of the scheme, the state authority will be able to reach the target set by them wherein, they want to eliminate a situation where the poor will have no food in their stomach. As the price for purchasing the food is very less (Rs. 3 and Rs. 5) the government expects to assist the people of even the poorest sections in taking the advantage of the program.
Yogi Annapurna Scheme Main Features 2019
To get a clear idea about the scheme, the following features will come in handy:
- Low cost high quality foods: The government wants all the poor people to get the benefits of availing the low cost yet high-quality foods. To do this, the government will set up a number of Annapurna eateries in various parts of the state. All the crowded areas and the areas, which have a high inflow of traffic, will be chosen as the primary locations.
- Prize Of The Meals: As per the government decree, the implementation of the scheme will be done for the construction labors, other workers and rickshaw pullers. Thus, the government has kept the price of the metal plates as low as possible. The beneficiaries will be able to get breakfast for Rs. 3 and the lunch/dinner plate will be available for only Rs. 5.
- Constant weight of food: For proper distribution of food among the maximum number of poor people, the government has specified a constant weight of food that can be served to an individual. The weight of the breakfast platter has been decided to be 200 gms and the lunch and dinner platter will weight 450 gms.
- Time duration of serving: Apart from the weight of the platters, the government has also specified the time duration of serving the dishes. The people will be able to get breakfast from 7 in the morning till the clock strikes 10. The lunch plate will be served from 12 noon to 3 PM.
- Menu Selection Criteria: When it comes to the selection of the food items, preferences will be given to those items, which are relished by the common hardworking classes in the state. Thus, the items like idli, bread pakora, kachori have been included in the list of dishes, which are to be served as a menu in the breakfast, lunch and dinner platters.
- Breakfast menu: The menu will differ as per the meal of the day. The breakfast plate will contain snacks like two pieces of kachori, idli-sambhar, break pakora, poha, channa bund, and butter bund.
- Lunch & Dinner menu – In the menu specified for lunch and dinner, the people will be able to get six pieces of chapaties or flatbread, curry, arhar dal with ride, veg biriyani, and salad.
- Proper Plate and Drinking Facility: The owners of the canteens, taking part in the noble scheme of providing meal plates to the poor will have to provide the food in proper plates. They will also have to serve clean drinking water in glasses to the poor people.
- Cleaning Facility: Apart from these, the owners of the eateries will also have to keep the facilities of basins for washing hands, bins for collecting the waste, proper water purifying machines and so on. Without these, the eateries will not get the license to cater food to the beneficiaries.
- Plastic tokens: To streamline the process of distributing food, the CM has proposed that the people interested in getting the food will be handed with tokens of some kind. The tokens can be a plastic card. The interested candidates will have to collect the tokens from the eateries and then collect the food.
- Active Token Time Period: As it is not possible for the people to stand in lines for hours for collecting the tokens, the state government will hand over the plastic tokens. The main feature of the tokens is that they can be charged. The charged tokens will remain active for the coming 7 days.
- Government Budget: All the populated towns and cities will be included under the scheme. It will assist the government in reaching out to the needy. According to the official reports, the government will have to shell out around Rs. 150 crores for the successful implementation of Annapurna Bhojnalaya Yojna.
It has been decided that the government will spend a significant amount of money on the construction of around 275+ Annapurna eateries, in all the towns and cities of the state. Apart from these, the government is also working on the development and construction of 15+ eateries in cities like Kanpur, Lucknow, Gorakhpur, etc.
Eligibility for the Yogi Annapurna Yojana In 2019
The following are the two main criteria for registering under the scheme are:
- Though anyone can avail the benefits of the scheme, the state government wants to implement the scheme for the assuring the labors and people falling under the poverty line. The scheme will make sure that all the residents of the state have food in their stomach, irrespective of their economic status.
- The interested candidates who want to avail the benefits of the food scheme will have to be residents of the state. The government will develop other rules, associated with the scheme.
Conclusion: Yogi Annapurna Scheme Launch Date & Details 2019
Under the reign of the new Chief Minister of the state of UP, Yogiji has made the announcement of the Yogi Annapurna Scheme during the very first cabinet meeting. In the meeting, he made sure that the media will be properly briefed by the government officials about the various rules and features of the program. The official launch of the program was on the 12th of April, 2017. All aspects of the program will be duly analyzed and drafted by the respective departments. The implementation of the program will require the assistance of the Public Private Partnership sectors.
As for the operation of the scheme, all the 14 Municipal areas in the state will be included under the program. The main department, responsible for the implementation of the scheme will have to collect the required information from the Municipalities and then the implementation will be done accordingly.
The BJP party, under the leadership of CM Yogi, is trying to provide the people of the state with the basic food by their Developmental Schemes. Under the program, the government will provide the poor with quality food items, which will not only put food in their stomach and will also, elevate the current condition of the poor people in the state.