Jammu and Kashmir GDS – Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment 2020 – Apply Online: Indian postal circle announces state wise vacancies for Gramin Dak Sevak every year. This time the number of vacancies for Jammu and kashmir is 442.
Given below are some of the details about the post and guidelines for filling up the form:
- Starting Date to Apply Online 06 Jul 2020
- Closing Date to Apply Online 05 Aug 2020
J & K GDS: Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment – 2020 Apply Online | Total Vacancies: 442
- Educational qualification
Those who want to fill the form of Jammu and Kashmir Gramin Dak Sevak 2020 are supposed to have a matriculation degree with passing marks in all the subject. This requirement is for candidates belonging to every category as there is no relaxation in educational qualifications. The students can opt for any recognized board for their matriculation. There is no specific mention of any percentage required for this post. Passing mark will do the needful. Selection can be done by giving weight to the students who have passed the exam without any compartments. However, the students with compartment marks are also allowed to fill the form. Any other higher degree of education won’t be counted as a qualification for this exam. Read More about GDS Education Qualification.
- Computer training and education
Along with the matriculation degree, a computer certificate is very important for this post. The candidate who is filling the form for this exam must have received a computer training of minimum 60 days from any recognized institute. The computer institution could be a private one or a state or central government approved one. The candidates with the computer as a subject at the matriculation level need nit to submit this training certificate. Read More about Computer Training Certificate.
- Age limit and relaxations as per candidate’s category
For candidates belonging to any category, the minimum age limit is set to be 18 years. This simply means that a candidate under the age of 18 years cannot fill the form, even the category of the candidate does not matter. The maximum age limit set for the general candidates, be it a male or female, is 40 years, which means candidates above this age limit cannot fill this form. There are certain age relaxations given to the candidates belonging to the OBC, SC-ST, and physically handicapped candidates. The age relaxation for OBC candidates is 3 years and for SC and ST candidates the age relaxation is 5 years. The physically handicapped candidates enjoy the age relaxation for up to 10 years. The candidates must fill in the form keeping their age limit in mind.
These are vacancies come every year for every Indian state. One of the reasons behind this is the need of the employees and the second most important region is that the employees are needed in the village post office branch. It is not easy for every candidate leaves his or her state or district and shift to some unknown place. This is the reason why the vacancy comes for every state and every division. The outsiders need to shift to the village for which he is assigned within the time limit of one month. He has to submit a letter of declaration too to the head postmaster of his branch regarding this.
- The process of the selection of candidates
Selection of the candidates for Gramin Dak Sevak post will be done by generating a merit list. This merit list will be automatically generated. The basis of this merit list will be the marks candidates obtained in their matriculation. Another point that will be kept in mind while making this merit list is the computer training certificate. Those without a computer training of 2 months would not get a place in this merit list. If two candidates have the same percentage of marks and have a computer certificate also, then the selection will be made on the basis of category preferences. The gender preferences will also be kept in mind. Read More about Complete selection Process.
- Application fee to be deposited
Different category students need to pay different amounts of money for the fees. Candidates belonging to the general category need to pay 100 rupees, as the fee for this application form. This is only for the male candidates. The female candidates of general category do not need to pay any fees. Also, candidates belonging to OBC, SC, and ST and physically challenged category need not pay any fees. This is applicable for the female as well as the male candidates of this category.
How to submit the application form of Jammu and kashmir Gramin Dak Sevak 2020 online:
- The first and foremost step for filling up the application form is to go to the official website of the Indian postal circle which is www.appost.in.
- The second step is to search for the link of the application form of the state you belong
- Once you find the form’s link go and get yourself registered
- If you have registered already do not do it again.
- After the registration is done move further to fill the entire form
- In this process, you first need to fill in the necessary details like your educational qualifications, category, the percentage of marks, etc.
- After that attach a photograph and the important documents related to this.
- You can find the list of important documents on the website. Keep the caste certificate if you do not belong to the unreserved category. Also, the certificate of computer training and matriculation degree certificate are important.
- All documents need to be self-attested, which means they should contain your sign on them. Take out a Xerox of the documents, sign on them, scan them and attach them to the form.
- After this, check the entire form once in order to avoid the mistakes. This step is very important as you will not get the chance to do any change once you have clicked on the submit button.
- After this step, click on the submit button and you are done.
- Take out the print of the form you just filled and keep that for any use in future.
Apart from the online method, there is an offline method too for filling up this form. For this one will have to get the print out of this form, will have to fill it and submit it in their nearest post office.
So, these were some of the basic details about the J & K Gramin Dak Sevak recruitment 2020.