Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process Is Very Very Simple that illiterate people can also understand. So if you are thinking to apply for gds recruitment then you should know some details about the selection process.
candidates were doing spamming in the comment section and frequently asked questions like “What is the selection Process Of Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) ?” & “How India Post Select Candidates For GDS Post ?” or “How Appost.in/gdsonline Prepares Merit list For GDS ?”
So Here I am going to answer all the questions Regarding the selection process of gds 2019.
Gramin Dak Sevak (GDS) Selection Process 2019
The selection process is very simple as it includes no examination or interview. The candidates who apply for Gramin Dak Sevak post need to submit the mark sheet. So final selection will be made by the merit list which will be prepared from all the application received at the time of recruitment.
Appost.in prepares a merit list on the basis of the marks on 10th standard. There is no weightage for higher qualification only the marks obtained in the 10th class examination will be counted.
If two applicants will receive the same marks then the first priority will be given as below given order
- DOB (HIgher age merit)
- ST Female
- SC Female
- OBC Female
- UR Female
- ST Male
- SC Male
- OBC Male
- UR Male
So the above given order will be followed in case the candidates will get the same marks.
How Selection Will Be Made if candidate apply for more then one circle or post for GDS?
Candidate can apply at appost.in for more then one circle and more than one gds vacancies. while you are applying at appost.in/gdsonline you need to do the choice filling. In the choice filling, you can select any circle in which the recruitment is currently live and you can select all the post [Branch Postmaster (BPM), Mail Deliverer (MD), Mail Career/Collector (MC) & Packer] for which you are eligible.
But as per your merit marks if you are eligible for 2 or more post then your first choice will be counted as the final choice.
As Example, If you have filled 2 choices. The First choice is for Gujarat Circle And the second choice is for Maharashtra Circle. Now assume that the cut-off marks for both the circle is lower then your merit list then obviously you are going to select for both Gujarat and Maharashtra circle. But in this case, you can serve for Gujarat circle only because it was the first choice in the list. So finally, you would get call letter for Gujarat circle. It is the basic rule of the Selection process which is also available to read in the appost.in/gdsonline.
So if you are going to apply for more then one circle or post then make sure that you are doing choice filling in order of first interest of your post or circle as a first choice. So that at the time of selection and merit list you could see your name in the merit of desire circle.
Some other information to know about Gramin Dak Sevak Selection Process 2019
There are some rules and regulation which candidate need to follow to get selected for Gramin Dak Sevak job. If a candidate doesn’t follow this instruction then he could be disqualified for the recruitment.
- If the candidate submits wrong documents or unnecessary documents or if he fillup wrong marks then he will be rejected.
- If candidate studying 10th standard in the board which provides both marks and grades then candidates need to apply considering marks otherwise he will be disqualified for the job.
- The candidate will get an SMS on his provisional selection on the prescribed date after selection. Mere getting SMS or any other communication on selection will not entitle the candidate to claim for regular selection/appointment. The final selection/appointment will be based on satisfactory completion of verification and genuineness of all educational & other documents produced by the candidates by the concerned appointing authorities.
- candidate can see if his / her selection is made or not by entering the reference number on appost.in. it can be viewed in the result status after login to your account on appost gds online.
So these were the whole selection process which candidate should understand if he is applying for Gramin Dak Sevak Recruitment.
You can read below given articles if you find interest in GDS Jobs.
- What is the JOB Profile Of Various Post Of Gramin Dak Sevak?
- What is the Age Limit And Age Relaxation in GDS Application?
- What is the Salary / Pay Scale of Gramin Dak Sevak after 7th Pay Commission?